Aug. 23, 2023
A makeup brush is a tool with bristles, used for the application of makeup or face painting. The bristles may be made out of natural or synthetic materials, while the handle is usually made out of plastic or wood. When cosmetics are applied using the appropriate brush, they blend better onto the skin.
There is a large variety of shapes and sizes of makeup brushes, depending on the face area where makeup will be applied, the cosmetic product and the wanted result. For example, the shape of the brush tip can be chiseled, straight, angular, round, flat or tapered.
Types of makeup brushes (by area of application)
· Foundation brush - long, flat bristles and tapered tip
· Powder brush - fluffy bristles; soft, full and rounded
· Fan brush - It is used dust off any fall outs and also to apply highlighter on the highest points of the face. A large fan brush is usually made out of natural fibers and is fanned out 180 degrees that covers a large perimeter of the face.
· Blush brush - It has fine bristles and rounded head. It is similar to a powder brush but smaller and can either be round or angled.
· Bronzer brush - It is made with natural bristles and is fluffy in shape. It applies powder bronzer beautifully and distributes the product evenly on the skin. One can also use this brush to apply face powders if one finds a normal powder brush too big to use.
· Concealer brush - soft and flat with a pointed tip and a wide base
· Kabuki brush - There are 2 types : Flat Top and Angled. Both types are densely packed. It best applies liquid foundations and it provides full coverage.
· Duo-fiber multipurpose brush - flat, circular and feathery head
· Mineral powder brush - thick and rounded
· Face contour brush - slanted and rounded for cheekbones
· Face sponge - varied shape, sponge texture (use wet or dry)
· Highlighter brush - This brush is usually made out of natural bristles and is considerably small in size. The tapered but elongated bristles makes it perfect to apply powder highlighter on the highest points of the face. The tapered bristles while applying makes it evenly distributed on the skin.
· Blending brush - Blending brushes are made using natural bristles and is fluffy in appearance. It is used to blend out any harsh edges for a seamless effect. It works best with powder products because of the natural fibers.
· Eyeshadow brushes:
· Flat shader eye brush - This brush can be made either with synthetic or natural fibers and is flat in shape. It is used to pack on powder and cream eyeshadows evenly on the lid area. It is also called a cat's tongue brush.
· Angled shader brush - This brush is made out of natural fibers and it has an angle to it. It is used to apply darker shades on the outer corner for a more detailed look.
· Fluffy blending brush - Usually blending brushes are made using natural bristles and is fluffy in appearance. It is used to blend out any harsh edges for a seamless effect. It works best with powder products because of the natural fibers.
· Crease brush - This brush can be made either with natural or synthetic bristles and has a tapered cut to it. It is much smaller than the previous blending brush and it beautifully blends out the crease color without moving it too much.
· Pencil brush - This brush is a much smaller version of the previous blending brush and it is usually made with natural fibers. The pencil brush can be used to add colors to smaller areas and also to blend them in without spreading the pigments too much. One can also add brow bone and inner corner highlights it works well with powders.
· Pointed eyeliner brush - It is made out of synthetic fibers and has a tapered end to it with barely any bristles which helps with the sharpest and most perfect winged eyeliner.
· Smudge brush - This brush is made out of natural bristles for even application and is best used with powders and creams. It can also be made out of foam with a pointed dome shape. Its primary use is to smudge eyeliner, contour dark eye shadows, or soften hard lines.
· Mascara wand - usually comes with the mascara, but disposable mascara brushes can also be used, usually when mascara is being applied on multiple different people.
· Eyebrow brush - long, thin with tougher bristles
· Lash and brow comb - Keep the brow hairs in place using the brow comb and the lash comb helps remove mascara clumping together on the lashes to get rid of the spidery lashes.
· Duo brow brush - This is a multitasking brush as you can line your upper lash line using the angled end and also fill in your eyebrows. This brush is usually made using synthetic bristles. It could be used with powders, liquids and creams. The spoolie end of this brush helps with blending in the brow product to make it look as natural as possible.
· Lip liner brush - This brush is little bigger than the fine liner brush and is used to get a crisp outline on the lips.
· Lip brush - This brush is used to fill in the lips using the lip color of one's choice and it provides an even application.
· Lip gloss applicator - Usually comes with the lip gloss and is normally doe-shaped.
Feb. 22, 2024
If you are looking to ditch your cartridge razor routine in favor of getting a classic barber shave in your own bathroom, then you're not alone. The world's best barbers always keep a straight razor in their arsenal in order to maintain the detailed lines along a gent's neck and beard. As beards have grown in popularity over recent years.
Feb. 20, 2024
Bronzers are designed to add colour to the skin, giving the effect of a sun-kissed or sun-tanned look to your makeup. Bronzing products can be found in the form of powders, liquids and creams. To use any formula as part of your beauty routine, you will need to select the perfect bronzer brush shape and fibre. Depending on the style of your makeup.
Feb. 18, 2024
Is your makeup bag overflowing with brushes that you don't know how to use? Whether you're decluttering or shopping for useful makeup brushes, learn what to look for in the perfect highlighter brush. With the right tools you can easily add a natural glow to your cheekbones, brow bones, or anywhere else you'd like to emphasize.
Keep in Touch
The fastest way to determine the best solution you need is to talk to one of our team of experts. We can quickly narrow down your options and give you objective advice on the most suitable candidate. Write to us will be back to you within 12 hours with details information